Robotic Assisted Knee Replacement
- Anterior Hip Replacement
- Cervical Disc Replacement
- Endoscopic Carpal Tunnel Release
- Hip Arthroscopy
- Robotic Assisted Knee Replacement
- Robotic Joint Replacement & Spine Surgery
- Rotator Cuff Repair
- Orthopedic Fracture & Trauma Care
- Outpatient Total Knee Replacement
- Partial Knee Replacement
- Radiculopathy (Pinched Nerve) Treatment
- Total Ankle Replacement
- Total Shoulder Replacement
- Foot & Ankle
- Shoulder & Elbow
If hip and knee arthritis are interfering with your quality of life, your painful days outnumber your pain free days, and you have failed a reasonable course of conservative treatment, then you may be a candidate for a partial or total knee or a hip replacement.
Utilizing 3D CT-radiography, MAKO SmartRobotics allows the treating surgeon to plan your partial or total joint replacement from a 3D computer model that is linked to your live anatomy during surgery. The robotic-assisted technology allows for precision of implant placement less than 0.5mm. This technology has proven to preserve your healthy bone and preserve soft tissue. (1, 2) Combining this cutting-edge technology with minimally invasive and muscle sparing approaches helps to improve functioning and decrease pain in the immediate postoperative period. (3)
1. Mahoney O, Kinsey T, Mont M, Hozack W, Orozco F, Chen A. Can computer generated 3D bone models improve the accuracy of total knee component placement compared to manual instrumentation? A prospective multi-center evaluation. Poster presented at: 32nd Annual Congress of the International Society for Technology in Arthroplasty; October 2-5, 2019; Toronto, Canada.
2. Kayani B, Konan S, Pietrzak JRT, Haddad FS. Iatrogenic bone and soft tissue trauma in robotic-arm assisted total knee arthroplasty compared with conventional jig-based total knee arthroplasty: a prospective cohort study and validation of a new classiﬁcation system. J Arthroplasty. 2018;33(8):2496-2501. doi:10.1016/j.arth.2018.03.042.
3. Kayani, B., et al. "Robotic-arm assisted total knee arthroplasty is associated with improved early functional recovery and reduced time to hospital discharge compared with conventional jig-based total knee arthroplasty: a prospective cohort study." Bone Joint J 100.7 (2018): 930-937.