Tara Swim, MDBoard Certified Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Physician
Tara Swim, MD
Dr. Swim specializes in the treatment of spine conditions and offers nonsurgical treatments for these conditions, including:
- Cervical, Thoracic, and Lumbar Radiculopathy (pinched nerve)
- Facet Joint Pain
- Acute and Chronic Neck Pain
- Acute and Chronic Low Back Pain
- Herniated Disc
- Spinal Osteoarthritis
- Sacroiliac Joint Pain
- Knee Pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Degenerative Conditions of the Spine
- Myofascial Pain
- Electromyography/Nerve Conduction Studies (EMG/NCS)
- Epidural Steroid Injections
- Nerve Blocks
- Non-Opioid Pain Management
About Tara Swim, MD
Tara Swim, MD is a Cleveland Clinic trained Interventional Spine physician, who joined Augusta-Aiken Orthopedic Specialists in 2022. She is a Board Certified Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Physician. Dr. Swim treats various spine conditions including acute and chronic low back pain, radiculopathies, and sacroiliac joint pain with physical therapy, non-opioid medications, and injection therapy.
Dr. Swim is an Ohio native, obtaining her bachelor’s degree from Heidelberg University and her medical degree from the University of Toledo College of Medicine. She then moved to Michigan to complete both her internship and residency at Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, MI, serving as chief resident in her last year. She then returned to Ohio to complete a fellowship at Cleveland Clinic to focus on non-operative treatment of neck and back pain including, education, therapy, non-opioid medications, and injection-based therapies.
As a physiatrist, her primary goal is to improve patients' level of function. She realizes that every patient is an individual and hopes to provide her patients with individualized and compassionate care.
When not treating patients, Dr. Swim enjoys spending time with her husband and young son. She is an avid runner, exuberant but novice golfer, animal lover, and always an Ohio State Buckeye!
- Undergraduate Degree: Heidelberg University, Tiffin, OH
- Medical Degree: University of Toledo College of Medicine, Toledo, OH
- Internship: Beaumont Hospital Royal Oak, Royal Oak, MI
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Residency: Beaumont Hospital Royal Oak, Royal Oak, MI
- Spine Medicine Fellowship: Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Spine Interventional Society
- North American Spine Society